What are the branches of the coeliac axis?
1) Common hepatic artery 2) Left gastric artery 3) Splenic artery.
Contrast enhanced arterial phase CT scan of upper abdomen demonstrate
- Severe narrowing of proximal segment of coeliac axis.
- Prominent inferior pancreaticuduodenal artery, the first branch of SMA.
- Opacification of coeliac axis branches, suggesting collateral flow between inferior pancreaticoduodenal artery, a branch of superior mesenteric artery, and superior pancreaticoduodenal artery, a branch of common hepatic artery.
- A saccular aneurysm with calcified walls in proximal segment of inferior pancreaticuduodenal artery.