Aberrant right subclavian artery
Citation, DOI & case data
Patient complaining of dorsal pain. History of breast cancer. No dysphagia
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Hypointense rounded structure both on T1 and T2, just anterior to the dorsal spine impressing the esophagus that does not look proximally.
On the coronal image, an aberrant artery originating from the aortic arch is seen.
The origin and course of the aberrant right subclavian artery (aka arteria lusoria) are well seen in the coronal acquisition.
In our institution, a coronal acquisition is part of the standard spine exam providing useful additional information.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- VGHTC10412 by shaun hsiao
- MRI11-P11 by tuanleminh ◉
- VGHTC 201504 by Fu, Chien-hua
- Congenital by Abdullah Hajar
- good ones by Guruvarun Atla
- Vas-3 by tuanleminh ◉
- VGHTC 201505 by Fu, Chien-hua
- Aaa MRI spine by N Seth
- SPine by Rushani Samarakoon
- Abberant vessle by shalabi
- 1st cases from each by Abdullah Hajar
- AnatomyVivaPartOne by Aileen O'Shea ◉