Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
Heller's myotomy several years prior. Weight loss and unable to eat normal sized meals. Hypokalemic.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The esophagus is grossly dilated with food residue from the cervical esophagus down to the gastro-esophageal junction.
Collapsed normal stomach.
A gross example of achalasia, which was unresponsive to a Heller's procedure.
This degree of dilatation is typically even evident on a chest x-ray, due to widening of the mediastinal contour.
A barium swallow is conventionally undertaken which demonstrates adynamic motility in addition to a dilated esophagus and gastro-esophageal junction obstruction.
1 article features images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- CT Cases by Ahmad Nakdali
- GI quiz visto by Antonio Jesús
- bluekona by Hyunseung Koh
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - GI by Charlie Handley
- Esophageal motility disorders by Ryan McConnell
- thoracic imaging by Herwig Brandtner ◉
- CASES 1 by Dr. Yash jain
- Digestivv by Popovici Alexandra
- Abdomen CT by THOMAS GEORGE
- snow by soonho lee
- Gastrointestinal by Vasilii