Achilles tendon rupture
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Farouk A, Achilles tendon rupture. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 28 May 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-41251
At the time the case was submitted for publication Amr Farouk had no recorded disclosures.View Amr Farouk's current disclosures
23 Nov 2015
9 times, by 2 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
55 years old with ankle pain.
From the case: Achilles tendon rupture
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- Complete tear of the Achilles tendon at the insertion site with retraction of the cut edge for about 3 cm above its calcaneal insertion. The tendinous gap is measuring about 2.8 cm. The distal part of the superior torn portion appears thickened and swollen with abnormal intra-substance increased signal in all pulse sequences.
- Edematous fat planes anterior to the distal portion of the tendon
- Mild ankle joint effusion is noted.
Achilles tendon rupture.
14 public playlists include this case
- Tornozelo by Bruno Torres
- mouhannad cases by mohannad
- good by sherif
- MR ökkli og fótur by Alexander Thorvaldsson
- Final B&J by Jesse Walker
- HP - Musculoskeletal by Himanshu Pendse
- MSK 2020 by Aline
- 9. Extremity by Kim Dohyung
- Week 8 Res session by Ashlee Kates-Ascioti
- MRI Ankle by Louise van Camp
- casos by José Aurelio Yusta Zato
- MSK MRI by Minh Xuan Truong ◉
- MSK Viva by Minh Xuan Truong ◉
- 정형 by HYEYOUNG KO