Skeletal survey for a skeletal dysplasia.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Numerous abnormalities are noted, including:
- stenosis of the foramen magnum with a large skull
- metaphyseal flaring giving a trumpet bone type appearance
- the femora and humeri are particularly shortened (rhizomelic shortening)
- the acetabular roof is horizontal, the iliac wings have a tombstone appearance
- horizontal sacrum
- progressive decrease in interpedicular distance in lumbar spine
- trident hands
The features are characteristic of achondroplasia.