Acute calculous cholecystitis
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Conditions R, Acute calculous cholecystitis. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 31 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-38022
At the time the case was submitted for publication RMH Core Conditions had no recorded disclosures.View RMH Core Conditions's current disclosures
1 Jul 2015
8 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Right upper quadrant pain.
Age: 30 years
From the case: Acute calculous cholecystitis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The gallbladder contains numerous small stones. Gallbladder wall is minimally thickened at 3 mm and there is a very small amount of fluid adjacent to the gallbladder in the gallbladder fossa.
The patient had mild but definitely localized maximal tenderness over the gallbladder.
The findings are those of acute calculous cholecystitis.
2 case questions available
The patient proceeded to cholecystectomy and histopathology confirmed the imaging findings.
12 public playlists include this case
- תרגול by Enbal Marhoom
- Biliary Pathology by Jamie Franklin
- MBI lecture by Jaspreet Bhangu
- MSSP20 Week13 by Simon MacGowan
- Ultrasound Cases by Gina Hyun Mohapatra
- Hepatobiliary by Henriette Vaage Valen
- core conditions by Julia Williams
- Abdominal pain US by Velimir Skoknic Binder
- MSSP Week 17 by Simon MacGowan
- Core Conditions 02.2 - Abdominal US pre-reading by RMH Core Conditions ◈
- Mix cases for 28/07 by Can Hazar
- Echo by Lukas Boomgaert