Citation, DOI and case data
A 53-year-old man developed severe pain in the right upper quadrant of his abdomen. He has a history of cholelithiasis as well.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The wall of the gallbladder is thickened and mildly enhanced.There are multiple stone in the gallbladder, with stranding of peripheral fat. Density of the liver is decreased which is indicate fatty liver.
Thickening and mild enhancement of the gallbladder wall associated with stranding of peripheral fat are consistent with acute cholecystitis.
He underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy and diagnosis of cholecystitis was confirmed.
- Smith EA, Dillman JR, Elsayes KM et-al. Cross-sectional imaging of acute and chronic gallbladder inflammatory disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009;192 (1): 188-96. doi:10.2214/AJR.07.3803 - Pubmed citation
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlist include this case
- Fälle für 3. Stex bei C.C. by Anina Schafnitzel
- GI by Md Samuel Moniyong
- 3. GIT - Cholelithiasis/Cholecystitis by Dr Dinesh Madhavan Nair
- addome by Marco Bernhart
- GIT by Dr Rushani Samarakoon
- FY1 Teaching by Dr Joshua Taylor
- Ngwelezane, Oct 2014 by Dr Andrew Lawson ◈
- 3. Stex Fälle A.S. by Anina Schafnitzel
- fat stranding 1 by HoangHuong
- Call Prep Cases by Catherine (Rin) Panick
- GI5-P6 by tuanleminh
- Abdomen by Dr. med. Tobias Tadken
- CT BUNG by TRY MY BEST !!! IMPOSSIBLE = I'M POSIBLE !!! TRINH TRINH
- Colelitiasis by Jose Antonio Cardenas Olvera