Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Patel M, Acute cholecystitis. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 01 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-24354
At the time the case was submitted for publication Maulik S Patel had no recorded disclosures.View Maulik S Patel's current disclosures
9 Aug 2013
11 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
3 days of right upper abdominal pain and vomiting.
Age: 35 years
From the case: Acute cholecystitis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The gallbladder is mildly over distended with mild diffuse wall edema.
Multiple calculi with sludge noted in the gallbladder lumen. Size range is 3 - 5 mm.
A calculus is noted in the mid part of the common bile duct (5 mm) with dilated proximal duct and right and left hepatic ducts.
The main pancreatic duct is normal.
The pancreas is normal.
2 articles feature images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- US for ED by Rod
- A NEW US by Abdullah Hajar
- SJH Radiology Rotation Ultrasound Cases by Elias Taxakis
- Gallbladder by Izabela Jovanovska
- MSSP Week 17 by Simon MacGowan
- SDL quiz by Amoolya Mannava
- 6th year pre-learning by UoE Radiology
- Abdo by eliotb
- urgente by Popovici Alexandra
- A new cases by Abdullah Hajar
- Tufts Capstone Quiz by T Carraway
- Key conditions - HPB by Sally Ayesa ◉