Acute necrotizing encephalitis of childhood
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ghazale Jamalipour Soufi had no recorded disclosures.View Ghazale Jamalipour Soufi's current disclosures
Seizure and loss of consciousness, his mother had an influenza virus a few weeks ago.
MRI demonstrating symmetrical mixed signal intensity with hemorrhage in the thalami. In addition, there are T2W/FLAIR hyperintensity in the bilateral internal and external capsules , cerebellar and bioccipital white matter. The brainstem including the midbrain and pons shows swelling and T2w/FLAIR high signal intensity.
Acute necrotizing encephalitis of childhood is a rare encephalopathy and viral etiology has been proposed in some cases. Thalamic lesions may bleed. Intracranial hemorrhage and cavitation are associated with a worse prognosis.
1 article features images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- Pediatrics viva by Rebekah Lee
- peds by J C
- neuro per review4 by Francesco Buemi ◉
- JZ paeds neuroradiology by Johnson Zang ◉
- CNS by Kosala salinda herath(H.P.K.S HERATH)
- Brain MRI by Emil Settarzade
- cns inflammatory by Nicole Khor
- Pediatric Neuroradiology by Jordi Roldan
- 1/8 VIVA by Maha Elaassar
- RadioP 2020 by anthony trimboli
- 2b Homie by Homero Alves do Canto Brum