Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Ibrahim D, Acute otomastoiditis. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 21 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-28329
At the time the case was submitted for publication Dalia Ibrahim had no recorded disclosures.View Dalia Ibrahim's current disclosures
21 Mar 2014
16 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Ear pain gradually worsening since one month.
Age: 25 years
From the case: Acute otomastoiditis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial bone window
Complete opacification of the middle ear cleft (namely the epi, meso, and hypotympanum), the mastoid antrum, and the mastoid air cells by fluid density.
No bony erosive changes. (intact scutum,ossicular chain & tegmen tympani).
Bulging right tympanic membrane.
Left deep external auditory canal irregular soft tissue density which shows internal air, likely wax.
This case is a CT presentation of acute oto-mastoiditis.
2 articles feature images from this case
9 public playlists include this case
- AAAANECK2 by Susheel K
- CNS by anthony trimboli ◉
- Petrous by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Junior Plate 08 Oct 2019 by Chitani Mbewe
- head and neck 4. temporal bone cpa skull base by Arial
- Jaw H&N by Abdullah Hajar
- Neuro by Gisela Villega
- RMH/ALF - Temporal Bones/CP angle/BOS by Yen Huynh ◈
- Temporal Bone and Cerebellopontine angle; Skull base by Bilal Vanlioglu