Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Sheldon J, Acute pyelonephritis. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 25 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-26082
At the time the case was submitted for publication James Sheldon had no recorded disclosures.View James Sheldon's current disclosures
28 Nov 2013
16 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Right iliac fossa pain with fever. Past history of diverticulitis.
Age: 85 years
From the case: Acute pyelonephritis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial renal cortical phase
The right kidney is bulky and demonstrates areas of reduced enhancement. Perirenal fat stranding.
Pneumobilia is likely secondary to previous sphincterotomy. Previous cholecystectomy. There is colonic diverticulosis without evidence of acute diverticulitis.
There is fat stranding and gas within the subcutaneous fat of the right groin consistent with the provided history of recent femoral artery puncture.
CT features of:
- Patchy areas of reduced enhancement in the right kidney are consistent with acute pyelonephritis.
- Left upper pole exophytic enhancing mass consistent with renal cell carcinoma.
2 articles feature images from this case
19 public playlists include this case
- Vukina CT by Josip Vukina
- viva 3 by Heba
- 2B - GI by Aman Sandhu
- Renal and GU by anthony trimboli ◉
- Abdo cases2 by Aanchal Agarwal
- long cases by Fahad Alabdulghani
- av frcr 12 by Avni K P Skandhan ◉
- URO by Popovici Alexandra
- Vl090619 by Vijaylaxmi .
- Abdomen tough by Vijaylaxmi .
- 23 jan by elroy
- itis by Abhishta Bhandari
- CORE GU by Clayton Brittingham
- UGT by Marko Atanasković
- genitourinary by Prabhat karki
- 1.2.3. Viva by Tamer Ghorab
- viva 2 by Heba
- viva 2 by Heba
- FRCR 2B AMR SAADAWY (part 1) (part 1) by Amr Saadawy