Adenoid cystic carcinoma of hard palate
Citation, DOI and case data
Hard swelling in hard palate for the last 7 months.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
An invasive mass is seen arising from the hard palate with solid contents, erosion, and destruction of the hard palate, the floor of the maxillary sinus, and bowing of the medial wall of the maxillary sinus. The mass also involves the left pterygopalatine and infratemporal fossa.
Adenoid cystic carcinoma is a relatively rare entity but can be very invasive, as noted in this case. It is infamous for perineural spread.
This case is a biopsy-proven case of adenoid cystic carcinoma of palate.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlist include this case
- nezar head and neck by nezar shlaka
- Onco10-P17 by tuanleminh
- H&N Oncology - Oropharyngeal lesions by Dr Maxime St-Amant
- H&N by Taimur
- Reham salivary gland by Reham Mohamed
- Oral Cavity by Dr Davina Bates
- Primer - Head & Neck - Glands and Periglandular Region by Aman
- orbit by Dr Saurabh Srivastava ◉
- H&N Maxillary by Lukevalentine
- vghtc10411 by shaun hsiao