Adenoid cystic carcinoma of hard palate
Citation, DOI & case data
Hard swelling in hard palate for the last 7 months.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
An invasive mass is seen arising from the hard palate with solid contents, erosion, and destruction of the hard palate, the floor of the maxillary sinus, and bowing of the medial wall of the maxillary sinus. The mass also involves the left pterygopalatine and infratemporal fossa.
Adenoid cystic carcinoma is a relatively rare entity but can be very invasive, as noted in this case. It is infamous for perineural spread.
This case is a biopsy-proven case of adenoid cystic carcinoma of palate.
1 article features images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- vghtc10411 by shaun hsiao
- H&N Maxillary by Lukevalentine
- orbit by Saurabh Srivastava
- hn by Kevin Sheng
- Primer - Head & Neck - Glands and Periglandular Region by Aman
- Oral Cavity by Davina Bates
- Reham salivary gland by Reham Mohamed
- H&N by Taimur
- H&N Oncology - Oropharyngeal lesions by Maxime St-Amant
- Onco10-P17 by tuanleminh ◉
- nezar head and neck by nezar shlaka