Adhesional small bowel obstruction
Severe epigastric pain. Recent hemicolectomy.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Dilated loops of small bowel centrally with multiple air-fluid levels and string of pearls sign on the erect projection.
3 case question available
CT (not shown) confirmed small bowel obstruction most likely from adhesions with a transition point near the colonic anastomosis. Adhesions are the most common cause of small bowel obstruction.
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlist includes this case
- small bowel obstruction secondary to caecal tumour
- Small bowel faeces sign (bowel)
- UQ Med Yr 1 GIT: Bowel
- UQ Med Yr 2 Acute abdominal pain
- Abdo - X-ray cases
- Abdo med student
- Core Conditions 02.3 - Abdominal x-ray pre-reading
- Small bowel obstruction due to Ladd band
- ABD - bowel
- Imanabdo (part 4)
- Nurse Practitioner education 2018 - acute abdominal imaging
- Small bowel obstruction
- Abdo viva