Agenesis of the right hepatic lobe
Abdominal pain, no fever, vomiting, weight loss. No altered bowel habits.
Age: 65 years
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial C+ arterial phase
- predominantly left sided liver extending across the midline to the right side
- absence of right lobe of liver associated with absent right hepatic artery, right and middle hepatic veins as well as right portal vein
- absence of right intrahepatic biliary system
- compensatory hypertrophy of left hepatic lobe and caudate lobe
- no history or imaging evidence of previous right hepatectomy
- no suspicious focal hepatic pathology or biliary dilatation
- retrohepatic gallbladder
- left renal cortical cysts
Above mentioned CT features are suggestive of agenesis of the right hepatic lobe.