Amyloidoma - mediastinal
- Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Large lobulated mediastinal mass with calcifications extending into the right thorax. This mass is also compressing the trachea. Right pleural effusion noted.
Final Diagnosis: Mediastinal amyloidoma
Right chest mass, core biopsy - amyloid with areas of focal calcification and an otherwise acellular specimen.
Immunohistochemical stains for kappa and lambda are non contributory as there are insufficient plasma cells for staining. Congo Red stains show that the material is apple green birefringent when viewed under polarized light. EM shows the charecteristic beta pleated sheets of amyloid.
1 article features images from this case
18 public playlist include this case
- NEUROPED by rodrigo valadao negri
- RadioP 2020 by Dr anthony trimboli ◉
- 2-Toraks by Abdullah Sukun
- M chest by Maria Javed
- Rare ct chest cases by imtushu Tushar verma
- Chest by Dr Hassan Shoushtari Zadeh ◉
- Cystic and inflammatory lung lesions by Assistant Professor MARYA HAMEED
- Chest by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- A 2021 long by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Exam cases (part 3) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- chest by Dr Alborz Jahangiri
- HRCT by Dr Liz Silverstone ◉
- Amyloidoma - mediastinal by Mehmet
- FRCR2B - Chest by Aman
- Test 6 by Doctor Bhagya Ratna TEKULA
- Torax by Luis Fernando Gonçalves
- Chest 3 by Dr Sean Gillen ◉
- Chest by PRAVEEN MATHEW