Anterior and posterior rectocoele, sigmoidocoele and rectal intussusception
Possible rectal prolapse.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Preliminary images are unremarkable.
The fluoroscopic images taken upon bearing up and bearing down demonstrate:
- appropriate ascent of the anorectal angle on bearing up
- appropriate descent of the pelvic floor and anorectal junction on bearing down
The fluoroscopic images taken upon defecation demonstrate:
- large degree of protrusion of the anterior rectal wall (anterior rectocoele)
- moderate degree of protrusion of the posterior rectal wall (posterior rectocoele)
- descent and protrusion of the sigmoid colon (sigmoidocoele)
- rectal descent to the anal canal, but no external prolapse
There is a moderate amount of contrast remaining in the rectum post evacuation (incomplete emptying), but both the anterior and posterior rectocoeles empty.