Aorto-coronary bypass graft aneurysms
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Dr Ivan Plachkov had no recorded disclosures.View Dr Ivan Plachkov's current disclosures
Chest CT following abnormal chest x-ray findings.
CT chest angiography - coronal and saggital reconstructions
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
CT chest angiography of an elderly male with abnormal chest x-ray findings following aorto-coronary bypass surgery ten years ago. The study shows multiple coronary artery grafts aneurysms affecting two of the venous ones.LIMA-LAD is intact. There are multiple partially thrombosed aneurysms involving the RCA venous bypass which is tortuous.A large thrombosed aneurysm is seen it he left circumflex venous graft measuring 90/50mm.There is minor enhancement of the graft lumen distal to the aneurysm.The brachiocephalic trunk is missing.An aberrant right subclavian artery is present, crossing behind the esophagus. The right common carotid artery has a separate coarse, passing in front of the trachea. A fusiforme thrombosed aneurysm is evident involving the proximal right subclavian artery.The aneurysm involves approximately 7cm of the vessel lenght.
The case shows coronary arteries grafts aneurysms as a complication following bypass surgery ten years ago (LIMA-LAD, SVG-D1, RCX, RCA).
Thrombosed aneurysms involving right and left circumflex venous grafts are seen. The patient also has proximal right subclavian artery aneurysm and supraaortic vessel variation. CT angiography is valuable method in such rare conditions mimicking mediastinal mass on plain films.
- 1. Frazier AA, Qureshi F, Read KM et-al. Coronary artery bypass grafts: assessment with multidetector CT in the early and late postoperative settings. Radiographics. 25 (4): 881-96.
1 article features images from this case
15 public playlists include this case
- revision 7 by Berna Aygun
- RANZCR_Sept2017_ReportwritingANSWERS by Grace Florescu
- Cardiovascular by Saurabh Srivastava
- cardiac by abdallah abu younes
- Chest Viva by VINICIUS LABREA RESENDE
- KB Chest by Kimberly Brown
- Teaching favourites by Chris McLennan
- herz by Bernhard
- RANZCR_Sept2017_ReportWriting by Grace Florescu
- HP-Cardiac by Himanshu Pendse
- good efilm cases by sadrarhami
- herz by Ulrike Bartosch
- cardiac- 4 by tuanleminh ◉
- kejsy 6 by Lech Gradziński
- Chest by Kenneth Kwok