Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Matt Dentry had no recorded disclosures.View Matt Dentry's current disclosures
Lower abdominal pain and feeling unwell for 24 hours in the setting of a known abdominal aortic aneurysm.
CT abdominal angiogram
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Large infrarenal fusiform abdominal aortic aneurysm, demonstrating maximum transverse diameter of 10.3 cm and AP diameter of 9.8 cm. The craniocaudal extent is 15.6 cm, with the superior extent commencing at approximately the level of the renal arteries and the distal portion extending to the aortic bifurcation. There is a contained rupture of the aortic aneurysm into the IVC, with premature contrast opacification of the IVC and common iliac veins, i.e. aortocaval fistula. This also accounts for the poor contrast opacification of the iliac arteries on the arterial phase. No evidence of active hemorrhage into the retroperitoneum.
Patient with known abdominal aorta aneurysm presented to the emergency department with 24 hours of increasing abdominal pain.
A contained rupture of the aortocaval fistula was found on CT.
The patient was discussed with the vascular unit at the local referral center and the decision was made not to progress with surgery. He passed away several hours later.
1 article features images from this case
29 public playlists include this case
- Abdo COD by Isaac Lui
- GI12-P5-All by tuanleminh ◉
- Abdo by Tharshika Janan
- Viva Set 9 by Doctor Radiologist
- Falldemo 29/04/21 by Janine Knapp
- Vascular by Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar
- Digestivv by Popovici Alexandra
- Vessels by Ioannis Tsamis
- FMH2 - CardioVasc by Guillaume Fahrni
- Plaman&Cardio-Vascular by Popovici Alexandra
- GI13-P6All by tuanleminh ◉
- abdominal by Emil Michalski
- case of day by Dr. Nikita Malaiya
- PJ Viva 4 by Peter Jamieson
- GI5-P6 by tuanleminh ◉
- On call by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- Vas-2 by tuanleminh ◉
- Gastro by Faris Durmo
- vascular by Emil Michalski
- exam by Muna Almull
- GIT cases by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad
- nezar GIT by nezar shlaka
- FRCR 2B cases by mehvish
- general 4 by Asmita Chugh
- Vas-3 by tuanleminh ◉
- Mock 1 viva by Ameer Mohamed Nabawy
- VAS2-P7 by tuanleminh ◉
- Abdominal vascular by Mohamed shweel ◉
- SS295 by Susheel K