Citation, DOI & case data
Abdominal pain for a week. Umbilical, lower abdominal and PR bleeding for 48 hours. Vomiting with occasional coffee grounds. Previous AAA repair.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
6.2 cm infrarenal aortic aneurysm containing gas with direct fistulation to the third part of the duodenum into which contrast is extravasating.
Pleural plaques. Lungs clear.
This is the kind of scan which makes even the coolest radiologist's heart skip a beat.
An absolute classic CT of an aortoenteric fistula. Unless you are a vascular surgeon or interventional radiologist, you won't see too many of these in your career.
The patient died before any treatment could be commenced.
1 article features images from this case
15 public playlists include this case
- GI rotation by Dr Aqeel Alameer
- Prüfung Cv by Lisa Ruby
- cardiovascular by Dr Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar
- 19032021 by Dr Anil Geetha Virupakshappa
- small bowel by Dr Neel Gore
- Vascular by Dr Sarah Afify
- Vascular by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- Chesterfield CT Radiographers CPD -Dec by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- general monday by Dr kanika garg
- 1 by Susheel K
- May 6th by Dr Anil Geetha Virupakshappa
- Abdo 2 - SB, Pancreas by Dr Siobhan Lee
- Chesterfield Self Isolation 35 by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- cardiovascular case by Doctor Hung Van Duong
- 1 - viva july 2021 by Dr Derek Smith ◉