Artery of Percheron infarct
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Desai P, Artery of Percheron infarct. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 21 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-5931
At the time the case was submitted for publication Paresh K Desai had no recorded disclosures.View Paresh K Desai's current disclosures
30 Mar 2009
21 times, by 6 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Sudden onset of diplopia.
Age: 80 years
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
From the case: Artery of Percheron infarct
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MR brain FLAIR sequences show ill-defined hyperintensity in the midbrain and symmetric hyperintensities in the posteromedial thalami.
These changes confirm the territory of artery of Percheron.
Diagnosis: Artery of Percheron infarct.
Artery of Percheron is a rare single common artery supplying the rostral mesencephalon and medial thalami.
1 article features images from this case
15 public playlists include this case
- Viva 3 by Sophie Thoo
- MRI brain by Pallavi Kamat
- CASES 1 by Dr. Yash jain
- vghtc10410 by shaun hsiao
- Artery of Percheron territory infarct by Mohammed alhammadi
- Interesting by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Mri head by N Seth
- Infarcts by M Sanal Kumar
- Neuro FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Viva by yu faye yu
- CNS & SPINE 101 by Sherif Maccar ◉
- Neuro R1 by Álvaro Palazón
- picked cases by Abdullah Al-Khaldi
- educational cases by Sepehr Haghighi
- s2 by Syed Reza