High speed motor vehicle collision.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Alignment of the spine is disrupted.
Widening of bilateral atlanto-occipital joints is present consistent with severe ligamentous spinal injury and atlantooccipital dissociation.
High density material is demonstrated posterior to the dens and would be in keeping with hematoma which extends intracranially.
No cervical spine fracture is identified. ETT and NGT present and therefore prevertebral soft tissues cannot be assessed.
3 case question available
The atlanto-occipital alignment is most easily assessed on coronal and sagittal planes and should be actively assessed on every trauma cervical spine study.
21 public playlist include this case
- Craniocervical junction injuries and occipital condyle # by Dr Nicholas Willmore
- SPINE TRAUMA by Deyan P. Ivanov
- Call Prep Cases by Catherine (Rin) Panick
- Jordan by Geri Darmanin
- ER Ext(upper) by Taimur
- ER (part 4) by Taimur
- Head and Neck by DR. frank fofie
- Spine by Geri Darmanin
- Spine by Dr. Kwadwo Antwi
- CT og Røntgen Columna - Kompetancevurdering niveau 1 by Erik Wrange
- VC PART II by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- 1 by Mohammed Hasen
- Core Conditions 03.4 - spinal trauma and infection pre-reading by RMH Core Conditions ◈
- trauma by Geri Darmanin
- kejsy #1 (part 6) by Lech Gradziński
- Traumatic Spine by DR. frank fofie
- Forensic cases by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- casos by José Aurelio Yusta Zato
- ENT by Dr Bența Marius
- core conditions by Julia Williams
- osteoarticular by Dr Bența Marius