Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
Citation, DOI & case data
A cesarean-born 3-hour neonate with abdominal distension. The mother was oligohydramniotic.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Both kidneys are enlarged in size (right: 10 cm and left 9 cm in bipolar diameter) showing increased echogenicity (due to acoustic enhancement of the tiny cysts) and altered corticomedullary differentiation. No hydronephrosis is noted. No focal mass lesion is seen.
With high-frequency linear probe, numerous tiny cylindrical cysts are visualized representing ectatic collecting ducts. One of the cysts measures 1.6 mm.
Liver shows course echogenic texture (? hepatic fibrosis) with evidence of cystic dilatation in the right lobe of the liver (? biliary tract cystic change). The gallbladder is normal.
3 case question available
The overall features are representing a typical case of Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease.
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlist include this case
- Genitourinary FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Ultrasound by UW Radiology Chiefs
- Mixed Bag 4 by Tyler Munk
- core ped by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Pediatrics by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- URO 3-Kidney masses by HoangHuong
- UW Ultrasound by NIHAD ALMAMOUN KHALIFA TAHA
- Urinary - polycysts by Dr Dinesh Madhavan Nair
- FRCR Companion UG 31 Jan by Dr Laila Adel Mohsen
- Urogenital Us by Dr. Mo
- Pediatric Urology by Kobiljon
- Urology MA by Khairul Missa Binti Mohd Amin
- kidney by Dr. Aminreza Abkhoo
- Ultrasound by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉