Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Abdulmajid Bawazeer had no recorded disclosures.View Abdulmajid Bawazeer's current disclosures
Motor vehicle accident.
There is a fracture in the base of the left first metacarpal bone extending into the carpometacarpal joint.
This patient was involved in car crash where he was holding the steering-wheel with his left hand during the accident, causing the hand go forward against the steering-wheel causing abduction of the thumb.
A Bennett fracture is a fracture of the articular surface in the base of first metacarpal bone and is considered as an unstable fracture. It is important to distinguish it from a Rolando fracture and a pseudo-Bennett fracture.
1 article features images from this case
21 public playlists include this case
- FRCR 2b upper limb trauma by Sabahat Ather
- MSK by Jake Ball
- Upper Limb MSK by Michael Le ◉
- Liste de cas - Musculosquelettique (Orthopédie) by Jean Cournoyer-Rodrigue
- MSK by Abdullah Hajar
- Extremity radiographs by Pallavi Kamat
- Ortho Exam 1 by Lauren Brennan
- Rapid reporting by Scott Robson
- UE-Trauma by Amy Le
- SKEL D FINAL by KR
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- my msk study group by Mohamed Abo Bakr
- Q by Dhanusha Gamage
- Thumb metacarpal fractures by Leonardo Lustosa ◉
- Trauma by Kayla Beck
- MSK - Wrist by Mohamed Abdel-Tawab Mohamed
- Promet MSK by Turay Cesur
- RAPIDS by Aditi Vipin
- Hand - Bennett fractures by David Luong ◉
- MSK trauma by Frank Dorrian
- MSK Cases by M Burak Lacin