Motor vehicle accident.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is a fracture in the base of the left first metacarpal bone extending into the carpometacarpal joint.
This patient was involved in car crash where he was holding the steering-wheel with his left hand during the accident, causing the hand go forward against the steering-wheel causing abduction of the thumb.
A Bennett fracture is a fracture of the articular surface in the base of first metacarpal bone and is considered as an unstable fracture. It is important to distinguish it from a Rolando fracture and a pseudo-Bennett fracture.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlist include this case
- Extremity radiographs by Dr Pallavi Kamat
- MSK by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Liste de cas - Musculosquelettique (Orthopédie) by Dr. Jean Cournoyer-Rodrigue
- SKEL D FINAL by KR
- UE-Trauma by Amy Le
- RAPIDS by Dr Aditi Vipin
- Upper Limb MSK by Dr Michael Le ◉
- Rapid reporting by Dr Scott Robson
- FRCR 2b upper limb trauma by Dr Sabahat Ather
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- my msk study group by Mohamed Abo Bakr
- Ortho Exam 1 by Lauren Brennan