Bilateral slipped upper femoral epiphysis with growth plate bridge
Citation, DOI & case data
Haouimi A, Bilateral slipped upper femoral epiphysis with growth plate bridge. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 05 Feb 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-153738
1 times by 1 users - see full revision history
3rd Oct 2022
Inclusion in quiz mode:
Bilateral hip pain more on the right in an obese child.
Age: 11 years
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- mild posteroinferior sliding of the both upper femoral epiphyses
- widening and irregularity of the growth plate bilaterally
- blurring of the physeal edges with focal areas of metaphyseal demineralization
- bilateral focal bony bridge formation crossing the growth plates well-demonstrate on coronal and sagittal reformatted images (bone window)
- moderate atrophy with fatty infiltration of the gluteus maximus muscles
CT features of bilateral slipped upper femoral epiphysis with growth plate bridge.