Bilateral slipped upper femoral epiphysis with growth plate bridge
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Haouimi A, Bilateral slipped upper femoral epiphysis with growth plate bridge. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 29 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-153738
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ammar Haouimi had no financial relationships to ineligible companies to disclose.View Ammar Haouimi's current disclosures
3 Oct 2022
1 time, by 1 contributor - see full revision history and disclosures
Bilateral hip pain more on the right in an obese child.
Age: 11 years
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- mild posteroinferior sliding of the both upper femoral epiphyses
- widening and irregularity of the growth plate bilaterally
- blurring of the physeal edges with focal areas of metaphyseal demineralization
- bilateral focal bony bridge formation crossing the growth plates well-demonstrate on coronal and sagittal reformatted images (bone window)
- moderate atrophy with fatty infiltration of the gluteus maximus muscles
CT features of bilateral slipped upper femoral epiphysis with growth plate bridge.