Bladder rupture (intraperitoneal)
Citation, DOI & case data
History of high grade urothelial carcinoma, invasive into surrounding musculature and prostatic urethra. CT of the abdomen and pelvis four days earlier showed an intraperitoneal collection adjacent to the bladder dome.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
150 ml of Isovue 300 was infused through the patient's indwelling Foley catheter.
The bladder partially distended and the bladder wall appeared irregular. There was resistance to hand injection of contrast, likely due to chronic blood products adherent to the catheter. With a small adjustment, contrast then began to flow freely into the bladder and began to leak into the intraperitoneal space, outlining bowel loops.
Intraperitoneal bladder rupture can be differentiated from extraperitoneal bladder rupture, if contrast outlines loops of bowel. Oblique images may also be helpful in differentiating the two, although localization using the normal positions of pelvic structures could be misleading in a postoperative pelvis.
1 article features images from this case
18 public playlists include this case
- uro by Ulrike Bartosch
- 9.3 Bladder and Urethral Trauma by Dr Jash Agraval
- Manzoor-Rad GU by Manzoor Ahmad
- Abdo by eliotb
- kejsy 8 by Lech Gradziński
- 4c_033 Bladder and Urethral Trauma by RAB Four
- cleo viva 2 by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- abdo cmc by Mei Chan Chin
- abdo playlist 2 by Andrew
- Tute 1/9/2016 by Himanshu Roy
- Vukina Indications by abram mcbride
- JY HETI Bladder, Prostate, Ureters and Urethra by Dr Juliana K. Yee
- Bladder Rupture by Tom Gordon
- Certificate: 9.3 Bladder and Urethral Trauma by RAB Three
- UGT by Student Marko Atanasković
- 2b GU by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- Imanabdo (part 1) by Iman Fani
- Common by Dr Abdullah Hajar