Breast cancer rib metastasis
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
Previous breast cancer. Shortness of breath. Anorexia.
Asymmetry of the soft tissues of the breast, less pronounced on the left, suggesting prior breast surgery.
Focal lucency and cortical loss of the anterior aspect of the right 5th rib.
Lungs clear. Heart size normal.
A subtle, but important finding, of a small single rib metastasis from the previous breast cancer.
Very easy to miss. Professionally satisfying to identify.
This was proven on a subsequent CT of the chest.
Be alert at all times in patients with prior breast cancer.
17 public playlists include this case
- Chest by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- Nadira Ali by Nadira Abid Ali ◉
- Exam by Dave Boha
- Chest by Islah Ud Din
- abnormal rib cases by Nicholas Willmore
- Clase Tórax by Miguel Ángel Calderón Santisteban
- FRCR VIVA-Multisystem by Harshitha Shanbhag
- LNWUH 2B Set Piece Films by Scott Rice
- chest2 by Elsayed Amro
- chwst by simranjit bawa
- 4 by Lech Gradziński
- Thirsty birds - chest - set pieces by SM
- CHEST by Gregory Makris
- Chest 2 BASICS by Rajkumar Yalawar ◉
- CXR Q by Dr Ali Basim
- CHEST VIVA by Juliana Tsuruta
- CHEST by wael