Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Roberto Schubert had no recorded disclosures.View Roberto Schubert's current disclosures
Palpable left breast nodule. Mammography and ultrasound inconclusive.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI showed several features of a benign lesion: Sharp margins, lobulation/septation, centrifugal enhancement, gradual enhancement over time, and hyperintense T2 signal. Excisional biopsy yielded a fibroadenoma.
Fibroadenoma, a common benign breast lesion, results from excess proliferation of connective tissue and characteristically contain both stromal and epithelial cells.
The majority of fibroadenomas show slow initial contrast enhancement followed by a persistent delayed phase (type I enhancement curve).
2 articles feature images from this case
19 public playlists include this case
- Breast MRI by M Kramer
- Breast - enhancement curve by David Serich
- breast 3/15 by Sandra M
- breast by R A A
- VIVA by R A A
- mamma by Ulrike Bartosch
- FRCR 2B 4 by Sherif Mohsen
- Breast by Allister Howie
- VIVA by R A A
- Core by Shekhar Khanpara
- Curves by Akanle James Olufemi
- Prüfung Uro mammo by Lisa Ruby
- Facharztprüfung by Michael Jacob
- Goes to KUNKRI Juni 2021 by Gregorius Enrico, Sp.Rad
- Breast~ by Sheng Rong Teh
- 03 Breast (CPSP) by Afaaq Rasool
- CHAPTER 6 - REPRODUCTIVE DISORDERS by Dwayne A. WIlliams
- A short 2021 by Abdullah Hajar
- Mammogram by Kanwal Laique