Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Sakher Alkhaderi had no recorded disclosures.View Sakher Alkhaderi's current disclosures
Colicky abdominal pain, vomiting and abdominal distension.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
On the scout image: Markedly dilated cecum which appears as bean-shaped air-filled bowel loop in the left side of the abdomen.
CT: Extreme dilatation of the cecum in the left side of the abdomen with identified two limbs that converge and taper resulting in whirl sign and bird beak sign consistent with cecal volvulus.
Laparotomy and right hemicolectomy was done and confirmed the diagnosis of cecal volvulus.
The predisposing factor was free and mobile peritoneal attachment.
- 1. Wolfer J A, Beaton, L E, Anson B J. Volvulus of the cecum: Anatomical factors in its etiology. Surg Gynecol. Obstet. 1942;74:882
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlists include this case
- kejsy 6 by Lech Gradziński
- RCR 2B by Mehtab Ahmad
- WA rad training - abdo-gynae cases by Yuranga Weerakkody ◉
- Micks CT abdomen talk by Mick Killeen
- UC Davis 2017 by Aspho Dyne
- bowel by simranjit bawa
- EXAM CASES (part 3) by Steven Dolan
- Volvulus by Bryan Schnabel ◉
- GI & hepatobiliary course by nezar shlaka
- G.I. system cases by Sakher Alkhaderi
- ER (part 6) by Taimur
- 전문의 by Jinyoung Park
- Bowel by Mohammed Ahmed Fahmy
- Abdomen CT by jose andres cordoba