Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Bickle I, Calcaneal fracture. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 01 Apr 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-46201
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
27 Jun 2016
11 times, by 3 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Jumped from a significant height. Heel pain and swelling.
Age: 25 years
From the case: Calcaneal fracture
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Undisplaced comminuted calcaneal fracture.
Reduction in Bohler's angle.
Soft tissue swelling over the lateral aspect of the ankle and hind foot.
A 'lover's fracture' is a calcaneal fracture, in which Bohler's angle is reduced to less than 20 degrees.
The name arising from the escapee jumping from a height to avoid being caught in an act of adultry! (although this is not always the case, but a romantic concept none the less).
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- Bone and Joint Midterm 1 by Anthony D'Amico
- Trauma by Ashley Hook
- ANUMS Ankle and foot X-rays by Marie Mansfield
- Final Slide Exam Study by Danielle
- GK - MSK - Ankle & foot by GLK
- Rad 1B Playlist by Dr. J. Motley ◉
- Rotorua Ankle by qihao
- GK - MSK - Trauma - Lower limb by GLK
- FALL Fractures by Brigham Becker
- 2023_EM전문의_근골격 by Dayeon Lee
- MSK VIVA 4 by Maria Kirkinis
- GK - MSK - Trauma by GLK
- Xray: Ankle trauma by Daoud akhtar