Casting calcifications left breast
Citation, DOI and case data
Screening mammogram image of the left breast in a post menopausal woman.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Extensive casting calcifications in the ducts left breast.
Contrast these mature linear calcifications in an ordered ductal distribution with the "wild and crazy" calcifications of DCIS. These all have more or less the same density; there are no "Xs Ys and Zs" of DCIS. They are literally calcified casts of the ducts. This is a benign process and I see it most often in older ladies. It can progress with time but you will not confuse it with DCIS.
The distribution may be segmental but the nature of the casts is typically benign. The left margin of the image shows subtle vascular calcifications in a typical "tramline" distribution of the arterial wall.
11 public playlist include this case
- Breast Calcification by Trina Whittaker
- Breast by Allister Howie
- Test 3 by Doctor Bhagya Ratna TEKULA
- mamography by Tanoj Singh
- 1st PRACTICE VIVA BREAST 20 CASES by Peter Playford Eriksen
- Gyn by JR
- breast imaging by Dr Nur Fathihah
- RANZCR Breast Viva 4 by Dr Babawale S. Niyi
- 4a_006 Breast Calcification by RAB Four
- FRANZCR 06B Breast by Dr. AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Breast - Calcs by Charles Werren