Casting calcifications left breast
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Garth Kruger had no recorded disclosures.View Garth Kruger's current disclosures
Screening mammogram image of the left breast in a post menopausal woman.
Extensive casting calcifications in the ducts left breast.
Contrast these mature linear calcifications in an ordered ductal distribution with the "wild and crazy" calcifications of DCIS. These all have more or less the same density; there are no "Xs Ys and Zs" of DCIS. They are literally calcified casts of the ducts. This is a benign process and I see it most often in older ladies. It can progress with time but you will not confuse it with DCIS.
The distribution may be segmental but the nature of the casts is typically benign. The left margin of the image shows subtle vascular calcifications in a typical "tramline" distribution of the arterial wall.
12 public playlists include this case
- RANZCR Breast Viva 4 by Babawale S. Niyi
- breast imaging by Nur Fathihah
- Gyn by JR
- 1st PRACTICE VIVA BREAST 20 CASES by Peter Playford Eriksen
- 4a_006 Breast Calcification by RAB Four
- mamography by Tanoj Singh
- Test 3 by Bhagya Ratna TEKULA
- Breast by Allister Howie
- Breast Calcification by Trina Whittaker
- Breast - Calcs by Charles Werren ◉
- FRANZCR 06B Breast by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- breast by Kevin Sheng