Citation, DOI and case data
Headaches and ataxia.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Selected MRI images demonstrate a left cerebellar hemisphere lesion, which has high T2 signal centrally, and a thin relatively regular rim of contrast enhancement peripherally. Centrally restricted diffusion is present, confirmed on ADC (not shown). Note the presence of dilatation of the occipital horns, consistent with hydrocephalus.
3 case question available
The patient went on to have the abscess drained in theater later that day.
SPECIMEN: Specimen type: Pus, total specimen volume: 5 ml
MICROSCOPY: GRAM STAIN
- Leukocytes +++
- Gram-positive cocci +++
- Gram-positive bacilli +++
- Gram-negative bacilli ++
- +++ alpha hemolytic streptococci
This case demonstrates typical features of an abscess. Note that the although morphology is helpful, cystic metastases or cystic primary high grades tumors (GBM) can all look very similar. The most helpful sequence, in this case, is diffusion-weighted imaging.
8 public playlist include this case
- Posterior fossa lesions. Dr Tarek Diab by Tarek
- Cerebral by Dr Bența Marius
- Neuro - Posterior fossa mass by Charles Werren
- FRANZCR 01A Neuro by Dr. AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- infections of brain.... by do thanh danh
- Nhiễm trùng TK by Do Dang Tan
- Posterior fossa pathology (iOS pack) by Assoc Prof Frank Gaillard ◉ ◈
- Posterior fossa pathology (iOS pack) by Henry Lin