Choledochal cysts - type IVa
Citation, DOI and case data
Abdominal pain and jaundice.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Multiple intrahepatic cysts and a large extrahepatic cyst ralated with biliary tree.
The findings are compatible with choledochal cysts ( type IVa ).
Choledochal cysts can be classified into five types1 :
- type 1 cyst : is most common, accounting for 80 - 90% of cases. It is divided into
- type 1A - cystic dilatation of the common duct
- type 1B - focal segmental common duct dilatation
- type 1C - fusiform dilatation of the common bile duct.
- type 2 cyst : accounts for about 2% of cases and consists of a true diverticulum arising from the common duct.
- type 3 cyst : accounting for 1 - 5% of cases, consists of a choledochocele, and involves only the intraduodenal portion of the duct.
- type 4 cyst : is divided into
- type 4A : multiple intrahepatic cysts and an extrahepatic cyst, which accounts for 19% of cases
- type 4B : multiple extrahepatic cysts, which are much less common.
- type 5 cyst, or Caroli’s disease, consists of single or multiple intrahepatic biliary cysts. Approximately two-thirds of patients with Caroli’s disease also have extrahepatic disease.
1 article features images from this case
44 public playlist include this case
- Mamdouh Mahfouz - Abdomen (Biliary) by Dr Mohammed Shedeed
- hepatobilliary by simranjit bawa
- Spotters 2 by Dr Abhilash Sandhyala
- Imanabdo (part 1) by Iman Fani
- Biliary tree/gallbladder by Allister Howie
- abdomen by Ulrike Bartosch
- GD: Hepatobiliary by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - Hepatobiliary by Dr Charlie Handley
- liver lesions by Dr Afaq Mohamed Siddiqui
- GI 5 by HoangHuong
- Core review by Dr Whitney Boyce ◉
- leber by Ulrike Bartosch
- Bbb by Allyana Rose Jaide Labbay
- H biliary by dr quratulain
- Cystic hepatic lesions by Omid
- good by senior registrar sherif
- Liver benign tumor by M. Hamidou Kourouma
- HPB lesions by Dr Horea Craciun
- Abdomen/Pelvis VIVA by Dr Dhruv Patel ◉
- Abdo by Dr Alborz Jahangiri
- 2.1.4 E1 by Elisabeth Ranharter
- Exam cases (part 1) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- liver lesions by sananda haldar
- GIT by yosra
- Abdo by Whitney Graff
- VC PART II GIT GU by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- Biliary by Miguel
- 2차 시험 by JinHo Kwon
- core ped by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Abdomen by Dr Yasser shalabi
- Biliary by Sindhura Nirmalarajan ◉
- Body by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- coffee and cream by Vish
- GIT Imaging by Dr Lea Aina Abrazaldo
- ABD Gall by Cary MacMillan
- WDHB - Abdomen by Pieter Wood
- GK - Abdo - Billiary by GLK
- ADITI GIT by Dr Aditi Vipin
- ABM Quiz by Dr Ali Basim
- BOB 2 by Allyana Rose Jaide Labbay
- WART ONLINE TEACHING_BILIARY by Nathalie Falkner
- Selected viva by mohamed emadaldin mahmoud
- Test 17-07 by Dr Thuấn Nguyễn Hoàng
- Biliary CT by Dr Thuấn Nguyễn Hoàng