Citation, DOI and case data
Male with history of abdominal pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MPR images shows a dilated common bile duct with a calcified stone, another stone is seen in the intra pancreatic portion.
Choledocholitiasis is a condition that is diagnosticated mostly by US.
In this case a TC is performed, most of the times this is not first line of diagnostic imaging for the disease because the stones are mostly small and cannot be detectable with this method, otherwise some are low calcium component so we dont usually see it in TC, not so in this case where the stones were of considerable size and composition proper to visualized by this method.
- Mathew RP1, Moorkath A1, Basti RS1, Suresh HB1.Value and Accuracy of Multidetector Computed Tomography in Obstructive Jaundice. 2017
- Ajlan AM, Mesurolle B, Stein L, Kao E, Artho G, Al-Rujaib M, Reinhold C. Detectability of choledocholithiasis on CT: The effect of positive intraduodenal enteric contrast on portovenous contrast-enhanced studies. Saudi J Gastroenterol 2015 ;21:306-12
- Jae GP, Ki BK, Joung-Ho H, et al. The usefulness of early endoscopic ultrasonography in acute biliary pancreatitis with undetectable choledocholithiasis on multidetector computed tomography. Korean J Gastroenterol, Vol. 68 No. 4, October 2016
- Matias EC, Juan P, Pedro U, et al. Acute pancreatitis after laparoscopic transcystic common bile duct exploration: an analysis of predisposing factors in 447 patients. World J Surg 2018
- Nikhil P, Yuchiao C, Nalin C, et al. Gallstone pancreatitis and choledocholithiasis: using imaging and laboratory trends to predict the likelihood of persistent stones at cholangiography. World J Surg 2018
- Catarina G, Rui L, Rosa F, et al. Perfomance of the choledocholithiasis diagnostic score in patients with acute cholecystitis. GE Port J Gastroenterol 2018;25:24–29