Chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis
Increasing shortness of breath for 8 months.
CT Chest - HRCT
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Inspiratory and expiratory scans of the chest have been performed along the dynamic series of the chest.
Extensive changes of pulmonary fibrosis remain stable and there is mosaic attenuation in both lungs exacerbated in the expiratory film.
These appearances are stable when compared to the previous study.
No focal mass within the lungs. Mediastinal lymph nodes are numerous but within normal size limits and are likely reactive.
The changes are characteristic of pulmonary fibrosis.
This patient had a long history of exposure to pigeons as a hobby, and the CT findings are in keeping with end-stage chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
On HRCT, chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis usually has the following features:
- established pulmonary fibrosis with honeycomb formation
- may see ground glass opacification
- areas of lobular air-trapping
1 article features images from this case
35 public playlist include this case
- New CXR playlist by Dr Christopher Lee
- thorax by Valentin Ladenhauf
- CHE 5 by HoangHuong
- tyler cad 2020 exam by Andrew
- Chest Viva 2 by Dr Saneej Kanhirat
- Diffuse cystic lung diseases by Dilini
- Chest practice by Dr Davina Bates
- Torax by Dr rayana ribeiro de souza cardozo
- Chest: allergic lung by Dr Annabelle Skelley
- Head and Neck ENT by Dr Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar
- FRCR 2B AMR SAADAWY (part 8) (part 1) by Dr Amr Saadawy
- kejsy #1 (part 19) by Lech Gradziński
- HRCT by Dr Sally Ayesa ◉
- CHEST_ILD_HYPERSENSITIVITY by Nathalie Falkner
- Casinhos Torax Julho 2017 by Gabriela Faria e SIlva Costa Di Ferreira
- A 2021 long by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- tyler 2 cad by Andrew
- Chest 4 by Dr Sean Gillen ◉
- Respiratory SCE by Victoria Thorley-Dickinson
- Chest by MANJUNATHA KATAVEERANAHALLY SHEKAR ◉
- TORAX DR SANTOS by Dr Norberto M Santos
- chest by Dr Ali Basim
- chest april 2018 by Dr Karina Dorfman
- chest by Prabhat karki
- .chest Eman viva by Eman Mansour
- Chest - Clinical Conditions - Consolidation and GG by Dr Charlie Handley
- Revision - Chest by Aman Sandhu
- MAK Chest by Dr Michael Kreltszheim
- Pulmonary Diseases by Dr Ahmad Khedr
- av frcr 5 by Dr Avni K P Skandhan ◉
- GK - Viva - Chest by GLK
- Fibrosis by David Ong
- VC PART II CHEST by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- Chest by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- FRCR2B - Chest by Aman