Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
CT demonstrates an intermediate density spherical structure at the foramen of Monro with obstructive hydrocephalus (note transependymal edema). Following administration of contrast, a very thin peripheral enhancement is seen. Features are characteristic of a colloid cyst.
This case of a colloid cyst demonstrating thin peripheral calcification and thin enhancement with associated hydrocehpalus, is a little unusual, in that typically these cysts are more hyperdense on pre-contrast imaging. The presence of such florid hydrocephalus is also unusual as the majority of these lesions are found incidentally. Typical of lesions which cause hydrocephalus, is the larger size.
This patient went on to have emergency surgery.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- CT Brain by Ahmad Nakdali
- Neuro Viva Playlist by Emily Davidson
- Viva 2 by Lim Dwee Shion
- Neuro-inflamatory, infections and neurodegenerative by Peneoasu Cristian
- neuro by lucian
- brain - ring enhancement by Daniela Riedl
- Neuro as per path by Gabrielle
- brain - calcifications by Daniela Riedl
- badania by Artur Balasa
- Neuro boards cases by Savannah Shortz
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- FRANZCR 01A Neuro 2 by AMIRSALEH JAFARI