Complete septate uterus
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Mohammed Al Khader.O.Thabet had no recorded disclosures.View Mohammed Al Khader.O.Thabet's current disclosures
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The uterus appears bulky and anteverted with two uterine cavities separated by a hypointense septum which extends to the cervix with a flat contour of the fundus in keeping with a complete septate uterus.
Incidental subserosal fibroid arising from the right side of the fundus.
One should make note of the characteristic outer fundal contour to differentiate between a bicornuate uterus (definite depression between uterine bodies or a fundal cleft >1 cm deep), uterine didelphys (very deep fundal cleft or complete separated uterine corpora), and complete septate uterus (almost flat contour of the fundus or the fundal cleft is <1 cm deep).
- Chandler T, Chandler ML, Chandler CP, Chandler HA, Chandler CS, Chandler. Mullerian duct anomalies: from diagnosis to intervention. (2009) The British journal of radiology. doi:10.1259/bjr/99354802 - Pubmed
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- Pelvis by Turay Cesur
- UG Female by Cary MacMillan
- good cases by ravikanth
- Abdome by Cleverson Leitão
- Gyn by Kenneth Kwok
- Prüfung Uro mammo by Lisa Ruby
- FRANZCR 06A OB&GYN by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Mullerian duct anomalies by Alexandra Stanislavsky ◉
- Gynae viva MRI 2 by Babawale S. Niyi
- GO by Quratulainali
- gyne obs by Jyoti Panwar
- Uterus 1 by Mohamed shweel ◉