Congenital megaureter with reflux nephropathy
Citation, DOI and case data
Bilateral flank pain. Small left kidney with hydronephrosis on ultrasound.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Dilation and elongation of both ureters, left >> right. Small left kidney with pyelonephritic scarring and sloughed necrotic papillae. Single pyelonephritic scar on the right.
Vesicorenal reflux cannot be seen on a CTU, but the appearance of the kidneys is characteristic for chronic recurrent pyelonephritis caused by reflux.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlist include this case
- Nephrology by Valeria Gaponenko
- Abdomen - ureters, urinary bladder by Edward Chan
- Abdominal normal variants by Dr Sally Ayesa ◉
- GUT by asim latif
- Exam cases by Tina
- Adrenal glands and kidneys by Allister Howie
- KIdneys and adrenal by Dr Naqibullah Foladi
- ew abd pel CT by Eric Wallen
- Abdomen by Tamer Ghorab
- Kidney by sananda haldar ◉