Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Mohammadtaghi Niknejad had no recorded disclosures.View Mohammadtaghi Niknejad's current disclosures
Work up for breath shortness.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Bilateral pleural effusion with passive collapse of underlying lung are noted.
Some interlobular septal thickening and a few atelectatic bands are seen at lungs.
Extensive pericardial calcification is evident.
Features on CT scan are most consistent with congestive heart failure and pericardial calcification suggestive for constrictive pericarditis.
Constrictive pericarditis is a type of pericarditis which leads to diastolic dysfunction and potential symptoms of right heart failure.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- Best chest cases by Mohammadtaghi Niknejad ◉
- Chest - test 6 - Dearg by Orla Dunlea ◈
- teaching cases by Mohamed Emad Shehata
- chest by Emil Michalski
- Prüfung thorax by Lisa Ruby
- Cardiac 21 by Ahmed Reda Bassiouny
- Heart by Rosalyn Ferguson
- chest ct by Emil Michalski
- cardiac- 4 by tuanleminh ◉
- Cardiac by Rahim Akram