Coronary artery aneurysms due to childhood Kawasaki disease
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Craig Hacking had no recorded disclosures.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
Anterior ischemia on ECG.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Origins: Normal although the RCA arises from between the right and non coronary sinuses.
Left Main Coronary Artery (LMCA): Normal.
Left Anterior Descending (LAD): fusiform aneurysm in the proximal segment which is difficult to adequately assess given the artefact. It is irregular, 17 mm long and 6 mm in diameter with mural calcification proximally. Mild non opacification in the proximal portion of the aneurysm is suspicious for thrombosis.
D1, D2 - Patent
Circumflex artery (Cx): Normal.
1st obtuse marginal branch (OM1) - Patent
Intermediate artery (Ix): large vessel, normal.
Right Coronary Artery (RCA): 2 fusiform aneurysms without thrombosis- 1) proximal segment 15 mm long and 8 mm in diameter with mural calcification and 2) mid segment 7 mm long and 6.5 mm in diameter at the origin of a small AM branch.
Posterior descending artery (PDA) - Patent
Posterior left ventricular branch (PLV) - Patent
No LV myocardial thinning or fatty metaplasia.
Incidental 1.5cm segment 8 arterially enhancing lesion.
LAD and RCA aneurysms. No stenotic disease evident.
Further Hx is of Kawasaki disease since 3 months of age. Anterior infarct from LAD thrombosis at 8 months.
3 articles feature images from this case
47 public playlists include this case
- MEDRADS - CARDIOLOGY by Ronald Crandall ◉
- Immune as per path by Gabrielle
- Chest 1 by Tracy Liu
- Paediatric Tony Chen by Tony Chen
- Paediatric chest by Georgia Yeo ◉
- Cardiac by Allister Howie
- kejsy #1 (part 10) by Lech Gradziński
- Herz-CT by Al-Manari
- Chest Viva 2 by Mayooran Kandasamy
- Cardio by AT
- 2B CVS by Aqeela Sadia
- Pediatrics by Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- Pediatrics 1 by Rad_doc
- Interesting cases for Dave by Scott Robson
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Chest: Coronary artery disease by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- GK - Paeds - Heart & great vessels by GLK
- Cardiac by Taimur
- XRfiles by Rubal Penna
- Chest by Jeyprada Deenadayaalu
- PROTOCOLOS Angio & Cardio CT by Rodrigo García Gorga
- cardiac nov 18 by Karina Dorfman
- cardiac by abdallah abu younes
- Chest 2.0 by Sean Sweeney-Knapp
- MY AIIMS JOURNEY by Shikhar
- Cardiac 3 - Myo/Pericardium & CAD by Sean Gillen ◉
- herz by Ulrike Bartosch
- peds cvs by R A A
- peds cvs by R A A
- Paediatric by Miguel
- SJ PAEDS 3 by Sarus Jain
- PAED VIVA 30-01-22 by Aejaz
- cardiovascular by Leonard Tiong
- Chest - vascular - Dearg by Orla Dunlea ◈
- Paed - Chest - Clinical Conditions by Charlie Handley
- Cardiac by Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- Vascular cases by Antonio Castellaccio
- peds CVS by Maha Elaassar
- FMH2 - Thorax by Guillaume Fahrni
- Vascular by Kwadwo Antwi
- Chest 6 by Sean Gillen ◉
- Chest - vascular + cardiac by Edward Chan
- 20/07/2022 by Joshua Yip
- Vascular by Henry Zhao
- Vascular cases by Nicholas Brett
- GD: Vascular by Gurjeet Dulku
- vascular by Yasin Celal Gunes
- cardiovascular imaging by Orkhan İbrahimov