Coronary calcium score
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Jayanth Keshavamurthy had no recorded disclosures.View Jayanth Keshavamurthy's current disclosures
Reason for study: 66 y/o Risk stratify of meds. Race: Caucasian INDICATION: Patient is a 66-year-old Caucasian male with past medical history significant for hyperlipidemia, premature ventricular contractions and gastroesophageal reflux with a family history of coronary artery disease.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
1. There is calcified coronary plaque. Total calcium score = 235. The highest density of these calcification's are at the bifurcation of the left main into LAD and circumflex coronary artery.
2. Based on the MESA study, the calcium score is 67 percentile for age and gender.
3. The 5-year risk of cardiac events is estimated to be 78 % based on this calcium score.
4. Recommendations: Follow up with primary care provider. Primary prevention for atherosclerosis cardiovascular disease as indicated by clinical measures.
Subsequent stress echocardiogram was normal.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- coronary by SOHAIB Ali
- Prüfung Cv by Lisa Ruby
- Cardio by DIEGO PAEZ
- Imágenes del Mediastino Vascular by Silvana F Ciardullo
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Chest: Coronary artery disease by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- cardiac CT by krisette bautista
- Cardiac by Allister Howie
- chest by Robert Ligetfalvi
- Core by Shekhar Khanpara
- cardiac by abdallah abu younes
- Cardiac OSCER by Nik M H Nik Hussin ◉
- CALCIUM SCORING by Muhammad T. Akhtar