Corpus callosum agenesis
h/o headache since 2 weeks
2 case questions available
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- axial CT images show widely spaced lateral ventricles.
- asymmetrical dilatation of the occipital horns of the lateral ventricles known as colpocephaly.
- dilatation of the temporal horns noted.
- high-riding 3rd ventricle which also appears dilated.
- absent septum pellucidum.
- widened interhemispheric fissure.
Corpus callosum agenesis was an incidental finding in this case. Widely spaced ventricles are due vertically oriented white matter tracts called Probst bundles. Temporal horns appear dilated due to hippocampal hypoplasia.