A physician with fever and sudden-onset dyspnea.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Multilobar and bilateral ground‐glass opacities are seen in both lungs, mostly in mid to lower lungs, although all lobes are affected, with a peripheral subpleural distribution.
This case was of a physician that had a fever for 4 days with sudden onset dyspnea on the fourth day post initial presentation. Chest CT in our department and subsequently RT-PCR testing confirmed COVID-19.
COVID-19 is a zoonotic illness caused by SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus-2).
The primary findings on chest CT have been reported as 1-4:
- ground-glass opacities (GGO) in all hospitalized patients
- crazy paving appearance (GGOs and inter/intralobular septal thickening)
- air space consolidation
No mediastinal lymphadenopathy has been seen 2.
- 1. Dawei Wang, Bo Hu, Chang Hu, Fangfang Zhu, Xing Liu, Jing Zhang, Binbin Wang, Hui Xiang, Zhenshun Cheng, Yong Xiong, Yan Zhao, Yirong Li, Xinghuan Wang, Zhiyong Peng. Clinical Characteristics of 138 Hospitalized Patients With 2019 Novel Coronavirus–Infected Pneumonia in Wuhan, China. (2020) JAMA. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.1585 - Pubmed
- 2. Feng Pan, Tianhe Ye, Peng Sun, Shan Gui, Bo Liang, Lingli Li, Dandan Zheng, Jiazheng Wang, Richard L Hesketh, Lian Yang, Chuansheng Zheng. Time Course of Lung Changes On Chest CT During Recovery From 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pneumonia. (2020) Radiology. doi:10.1148/radiol.2020200370 - Pubmed
- 3. Shi H, Han X, Jiang N, Cao Y, Osamah A, Gu J, Fan Y, Zheng C. (2020) Radiological findings from 81 patients with COVID-19 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study. [online] thelancet.com 24 February 2020. Available at: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30086-4/fulltext#figures . https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(20)30086-4 [accessed 25 February 2020].
- 4. Lee EYP, Ng M-Y, Khong P-L. (2020) COVID-19 pneumonia: what has CT taught us? [online] thelancet.com. Published: February 24, 2020. Available at: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30134-1/fulltext#%20 DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(20)30134-1