De Garengeot hernia
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Krister Askaner had no recorded disclosures.View Krister Askaner's current disclosures
Increasing pain in right inguinal region with palpable resistance, 10 x 5 cm.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Hernia in right inguinal tract, lateral of pubic tubercle and medial to common femoral vein, consistent with a femoral hernia.
The hernia contains a swollen appendix. No intestinal strangulation.
Prominent abdominal and inguinal lymph nodes due to treated follicular lymphoma.
Surgery confirmed right femoral hernia containing necrotic appendix consistent with a rare case of De Garengeot hernia with incarcerated appendicitis.
2 articles feature images from this case
14 public playlists include this case
- GI-P8 by tuanleminh ◉
- git by Maimoona murad khan
- Abdomen by PRAVEEN MATHEW
- Interesting cases 10/05/20 by Nicholas Willmore ◉
- Gastrointestinal by Diego González
- Tgi by Anxhela Tabaku
- INTERESTING CASES by Harshitha Shanbhag
- Appendicitis by Nicholas Willmore ◉
- gi june22 by elroy
- 2 by Lech Gradziński
- BOB by Mikkelo Sususco
- FRCR 2b GIT Small bowel by Sabahat Ather
- Interesting by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- GI by Taimur