Dehiscence of superior semicircular canal
enhanced hearing sensation, sometimes dizzy when exerting pressure, slight conduction loss at physical exam.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Disruption of the osseous lining of the superior semicircular canal on the left side (yellow arrow in annotated image).
No other abnormalities noted.
Dehiscence of the superior semicircular canal is easily overlooked. Always look for this particular entity on the coronal reconstruction, as these will show it much more clearly than the axial series, as in this case.
2 article feature images from this case
12 public playlist include this case
- Petrous by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Baş Boyun Radyolojisi Vakaları by omer faruk simitcioglu
- Petrous bone by Marta Aguilar Perez
- 201707 by Chen Hung-Chieh
- film reading by nezar shlaka
- Petrous Bone by Radiologie SBK
- Rezk H,N by DR Mahmoud Rezk
- ll by nabil ahmed
- A short 2021 by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- kejsy 2 by Lech Gradziński
- Aunt Minnies - Head and Neck by Dr Michael Stewart ◈
- Primer - Head & Neck - Temporal Bone by Aman