Dermatomyositis related interstitial lung disease
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Prashant Mudgal had no recorded disclosures.View Prashant Mudgal's current disclosures
A known case of dermatomyositis presented with dry cough for 5 months.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Bilaterally symmetrical reticular opacities with mild honeycoombing prominently seen in the subpleural basal and posterior regions. The pattern of fibrosis is similar to the pattern seen in usual interstitial pneumonia.
The lung is the most common extra-muscular organ to be affected in dermatomyositis.
Approximately 40-50% patients with dermatomyositis suffer from its pulmonary complications, which include interstitial lung diseases, pneumonia, drug induced lung diseases and ventilatory muscle weakness.
3 articles feature images from this case
17 public playlists include this case
- TORAX DR SANTOS by Norberto M Santos
- Chest board cases by Savannah Shortz
- Cxr by Pallavi Kamat
- Revision - Chest by Aman Sandhu
- Diffuse lung disease by Allister Howie
- RMH/ALF - Collagen Vascular Disease Pulmonary Manifestations by Yen Huynh ◈
- A 2021 long by Abdullah Hajar
- JY Chest 1 by Juliana K. Yee
- Connective tissue disorder by Shona Edwards
- NI by Fernan Zambrano
- Chest by Piyathida
- Chest 2 BASICS by Rajkumar Yalawar ◉
- kejsy 6 by Lech Gradziński
- M chest by Maria Javed
- Chest 3 by Sean Gillen ◉
- Chest viva 2 by Christopher Fernando
- nezar chest by nezar shlaka