Citation, DOI & case data
Complex cervical, thoracic, lumbar lipomeningocele. Arnold Chiari malformation, VP shunt. For pre-operative planning.
- Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
T1 FLAIR demonstrating small posterior fossa with tonsillar descent of 3.5mm.
Narrow cerebral aqueduct with enlarged suprapineal recess of the 3rd ventricle, quadrigeminal cystern, suprasellar and pontine cysterns. T2w coronal demonstrate cavum septum pellucidum.
T2 weighted axial demonstrating diastematomyelia.
T2 weighted sagital showing syringohydromyelia and tethering of the cord at L1/2.. Syrinx C4-T7.
Loss of normal cervical and lumbar lordosis, and focal lumbar kyphosis. No scoliosis.
Presence of tethered spinal cord indicates that this is Arnold Chiari malformation type 2.
Septum and separate dural sacs around the split cord indicate that this is diastematomyelia type 1. Many of the associated features of this condition is also seen.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- MSK by Abdullah Hajar
- Compression medullaire by Yasmine Mestassi
- paediatric by Mohammed Hamdan
- Paediatrics - Spine - Multiple Regions by Aman
- Paediatric CNS - Developmental/Metabolic/Infectious/Inflammatory/Tumours by Georgia Yeo ◉
- FRANZCR 01A Neuro by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Neuro Aunt Minnies by Khush Bakht
- Neuro 23/09 by Z Khan
- 13th Jan by [email protected]
- NRAD by Johann Jende