Distal biceps brachii tendon rupture
Sudden sharp pain within the distal anterior arm with audible pop upon lifting a heavy object.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- Full thickness tear and rupture of the distal biceps brachii tendon with wavy and retracted tendon fibers and gapping from its insertion within the radial tuberosity of about 12 cm which is replaced by low T1 and high T2 fluid signal intensity within its sheath.
- Mild muscle oedema and contusion of the distal biceps brachii is noted. No evidence of atrophic changes of the biceps brachii muscle.
- Associated subcutaneous tissue oedema of the anterior and anteromedial aspects of the distal forearm and elbow is noted.
Full thickness tear and rupture of the distal biceps brachii tendon with tendon retraction and gapping.
- Huppmann M, Shapeero LG. Radiology corner. Complete rupture of the distal biceps tendon. Mil Med. 2010;175 (6): ix-x. Pubmed citation
- Falchook FS, Zlatkin MB, Erbacher GE et-al. Rupture of the distal biceps tendon: evaluation with MR imaging. Radiology. 1994;190 (3): 659-63. doi:10.1148/radiology.190.3.8115606 - Pubmed citation