Dural ectasia in Marfan syndrome
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Keshavamurthy J, Dural ectasia in Marfan syndrome. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 24 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-40020
At the time the case was submitted for publication Jayanth Keshavamurthy had no recorded disclosures.View Jayanth Keshavamurthy's current disclosures
7 Oct 2015
26 times, by 5 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Marfan syndrome, history of Type A aortic dissection. Has been getting periodic MRA's for follow up of residual type B aortic dissection. MRA is radiation free and is easy to scan. What is the finding in the spine?
Age: 50 years
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
From the case: Dural ectasia in Marfan syndrome
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Stable residual aortic dissection extending from the proximal descending aorta distal to the subclavian artery all the way to the right common iliac artery. Both true and false lumen are patent. No interval worsening.
Stable long-standing sacral dural ectasia.
3 case questions available
- History of Marfan syndrome.
- History of ascending aortic dissection repair with valve sparing surgery.
- No recurrence. Stable ascending aortic root.
- Stable residual aortic dissection extending from the proximal descending aorta distal to the subclavian artery all the way to the right common iliac artery. Both true and false lumen are patent. No interval worsening.
- Stable long-standing sacral dural ectasia.
- Ho NC, Hadley DW, Jain PK et-al. Case 47: dural ectasia associated with Marfan syndrome. Radiology. 2002;223 (3): 767-71. doi:10.1148/radiol.2233000971 - Pubmed citation
- Ha HI, Seo JB, Lee SH et-al. Imaging of Marfan syndrome: multisystemic manifestations. Radiographics. 2007;27 (4): 989-1004. doi:10.1148/rg.274065171 - Pubmed citation
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlists include this case
- Dysplasias by Jennifer Jones
- NR1-P1 by tuanleminh ◉
- gru cardiac by Jayanth Keshavamurthy
- VGHTC-10504 by Chung Jui-Fu
- VGHTC10501 by shaun hsiao
- MR3-P3 by tuanleminh ◉
- VGHTC-10501 by Chung Jui-Fu
- Neuroradiology by Ali
- MR2-P2 by tuanleminh ◉
- VASCULAR IMAGING by Dr Angel Mthalane
- Exam cases (part 5) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- Vas-1 by tuanleminh ◉
- NR2-P2 by tuanleminh ◉
- 30/12/22 - SPINE by Angelis Belessis